Hello lovelies! First of all, I want to wish you a Happy New Year! I hope you had a lot of fun on New Year’s Eve, that your resolutions are already written on paper & that you’re ready to take over the world in 2016!
I had to take a much-needed break from blogging in the past week, but now I’m back. So keep an eye on this space for more posts really soon 🙂
We’re starting 2016 with a short review for some beautiful OPI nail polish colors, from the Mariah Carey limited edition Christmas collection. The Liquid Sand set was a gift from a co-worker, for secret Santa, and I must say that these sparkling colors gave me life this holiday season!
The three nail polishes in blue, silver and black are drop dead gorgeous. They “dry to a textured matte finish infused with reflective glints of light”. Perfect for the winter season, if you ask me. It’s that perfect touch of glitter that will make any outfit look festive.
In the photos below, I used only two of them, It’s Frosty Outside and Kiss Me at Midnight. The third color is called Emotions, but it will be featured in a future post.
- The texture and finish are amazing, I couldn’t stop staring at my nails in the first day 🙂
- The colors are very intense
- Both shades have gorgeous silver sequin particles
- The nail polish dries off quickly and it’s buildable
- The set contains mini nail polishes, so they only have 3,75 ml each
- For a great coverage, you must apply at least two coats
- I did not use any top coat, to keep the initial texture
- However, without a top coat, it seems to last only about 4-5 days, so it doesn’t have a great resistance
- It’s not very easy to remove, but this happens to many glitter nail polishes, so it’s not a big problem
- Since they come in mini-bottles, the brush is also small, so you’ll need many applications to cover up the whole nail
My personal favorite is Kiss Me at Midnight (the blue sparkling shade), an amazing color with a fabulous finish.
The nail polishes are good quality, but I had bigger expectations in terms of resistance and ease on application. I still need to try the simple OPI versions, to see how they behave and if I like them better or not.
But if you want to try some beautiful winter colors from this brand, for a decent price, this collection would definitely be a good choice.
Did you try the Liquid Sand OPI colors? What do you think about their nail polishes? And what’s your favorite?